As I mentioned in my last post, my friend N gave me beautiful silk Chinese jackets to use in my projects. I decided to use them in wall hangings. I have two done, and two to go. Each one has a different color scheme. I’ve finished the green one and the pink one. I cut a rectangle out of each jacket. I would tell you how big the rectangles are, but I can’t remember. They’re probably not exact, anyway; silk is rather difficult to work with. I cut squares out of my Asian-style fabrics matching my color schemes. The pink has four fabrics: one with pink mums, one with flowers on a black background, one with flowers on a cream background, and one with pink flowers that I can’t identify. I won’t embarrass myself by guessing.
Here’s a close up:
As you can see, I alternated the pink fabrics. The green one has two alternating fabrics: flowers on a cream background and scrolls with Japanese characters on a green background.
I cut the silk pieces from the same jacket, or from jackets with the same pattern. It has pink, light blue, dark blue, and green flowers. That’s why I used it for the green and pink wall hangings. I sewed the rough edges under but I didn’t bother to finish the edges on the back, because I’m lazy and I figured no one would ever see the back. The goal – eventually – is to hang up these two wall hangings and the two I haven’t finished in a grouping on my wall. I need to finish the other two and I’m not really in a rush because I’ve got so much else going on. Part III of this series may be delayed for a while. Sorry to jump around so much! I actually did these pieces a few months ago, but right now all of my projects are presents that haven’t been given to their recipients yet, so I didn’t want to post those yet.