Progress on my quilt! I have now cut all of the squares, and I cut them into the curved pieces I’ll use for the Drunkard’s Path blocks.
I bought a Drunkard’s Path template online. It came with four-inch, five-inch, and six-inch templates. The instructions said to cut the fabric an inch larger than the templates, but since I had already cut my squares I just used the six-inch template. I was surprised to see that the templates didn’t fit together perfectly:
So maybe cutting with these templates would provide better blocks than what I’m going to end up with, but that doesn’t bother me. The quilt is for me, anyway. I just took the smaller piece and cut along the curve with my rotary cutter.
Here are all my cut squares:
Next up I need to start sewing the pieces together. I’ll sew each colored polka dot piece to one of the white polka dot pieces (with the pale lavender dots, although I’m not sure that’s visible in the picture). That should make 96 blocks, hopefully. (I can’t rule out the possibility of counting wrong.) That’ll be the next step!