As I mentioned yesterday, I decided to quilt 50 stars on Z’s quilt. I quilted sixteen of them on the large red squares in the Storms at Sea blocks, and the rest went on the blue border, which I posted about yesterday.
I started to quilt the stars in white thread, like I did on the blue border, but the white thread blended into the red and white prints in the squares. I switched to a royal blue thread instead:
I think it’s hard to see the stars in the second picture, but each large square has a star quilted in the center.
These stars don’t show up on the back, because the thread blends in:
(P.S. It really bothers me that my pictures aren’t coming out true to color, but that’s the issue with phone pictures, I guess.)
Here’s pictures of the border. You can see that the corners are still blank:
Tomorrow: quilting the rest of the inner border!