I apologize again for the technical issues I’ve been having. Yesterday we stopped right before I did the quilting on Aunt M’s pot holders.
Here are the crisscrossing patterns I did:
Then I wanted to add the the straps. I cut out extra pieces from the fabrics I’d used, approximately 6″ wide and 11″ long (maybe a little longer). I folded them in half lengthwise and sewed along the long edge, then turned them inside out and ironed them flat.
I took my pot holders, now quilted but still with the openings on parallel sides. The battings were poking out a little bit and I cut them down so that I could fold the fabric in. I inserted one end of each strap into each opening and pinned, then sewed down. I made sure that the strap was on the non-insulated side.
Voila! Pot holders.