I forgot to provide the link to the charity the doll quilts are for: http://www.emergencydolldispatch.org/donate.html. They give dolls to children who’ve been abused and they like to give a quilt with each doll. It’s a lovely cause.
On to assembling the quilt I started last week: I pieced a back for the quilt from the pink fabric I’d used for the border and another pink fabric. Normally I prefer to piece a symmetrical back, but a lot of people in my quilt guild piece asymmetrical backs like this and I thought I’d try it.
Then I made my quilt sandwich.
Here’s the assembled doll quilt:
I used yellow thread for the quilting. I did an all-over pattern – my goal was to do stippling but it’s not tight enough to actually be considered stippling.
Here’s the finished quilt: