My quilt guild collects doll quilts for the following charity: http://www.emergencydolldispatch.org/donate.html. They give dolls to children who’ve been abused and they like to give a quilt with each doll. It’s a very worthwhile cause.
I had two blue patches leftover from my Drunkard’s Path quilt. I cut 6″ squares of coordinating blue and yellow fabrics and laid them out, four by four.
I sewed them into rows of four and then sewed the strips together to form a square.
I spent a lot of time trying to come up with a border. The fabric I wanted to use didn’t have enough to make two inch strips for the whole quilt. I finally settled on this fabric:
Next week, the quilting!