I finally finished the Hunter’s Star quilt for my coworker M! I gave it to him last Friday at work. I was so excited to be done with it and to gift it, finally.
I finished the hand quilting – star after star.
Then came the binding. I took navy thread and sewed it down with a running stitch. I don’t know if that’s the stitch you’re supposed to use to sew down the binding but it was the easiest for me.
I realized that I made a mistake when I sewed the binding on – I don’t know how I managed it! Look at the seam – it’s showing on the outside.
I debated whether to fix it and I finally ripped it all out, but then I panicked and thought I wouldn’t be able to put it back together properly. I was so proud of myself when I fixed it!
Here’s the best picture I took of the back:
Here’s the front of the finished quilt:
I LOVE it. I think it’s so gorgeous and the quilting looks great from a distance. Z also likes how it came out, and M was very happy with it.