January and February Charity Sewing – Part II

I’ve used up more of the shirting fabric to make more quilt tops.  I improv pieced this one with scraps and scraps and more scraps.  I kept going until the top was twin-sized because I know our charity committee looks for those.  I was really happy with how it came out.  With the shirting fabric it came out pretty masculine, another thing they look for.  I wasn’t sure about using the black fabric – I thought it might come out too dark – but there wasn’t that much and with the improv piecing it got broken up.

Some of the shirting fabric came sewn together (right sides together?  I can’t tell because it’s shirting fabric) – I had a set of eight squares sewn together all the way around.  I’m not sure what the purpose was.  I used my rotary cutter to cut off the seams and then I squared them up to approx. 13.25″ each.  I sewed the eight together in a 2 by 4 layout and then I added borders to get the size I wanted.

I’m hoping to put together a couple more quilt tops before our charity day.  We’ll see!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s