I’m showing my magnum opus in my guild’s quilt show, so I had to put a sleeve on it. I used this tutorial:
I don’t think an 85″ wide quilt was the best choice for my first quilt sleeve. I spoke to other, more experienced quilters afterward and they said I should have made several shorter sleeves and sewn them along in a row. I’m not 100% sure it’s going to hang straight, but oh well.
I also had to sew a period that had somehow disappeared. Did I miss it when I did the initial quilting? Not sure.
I’d originally planned more rows of stars, but I decided I didn’t have time for that. I’m glad I decided not to – between the Handstitched class and all my other sewing stuff, I definitely would not have had time.
I didn’t wash the quilt. I think it’s pretty clean. Z had a detergent accident with the quilt – somehow he managed to spill some on the quilt, and I’m not sure how he cleaned it up, but it bled a bit.
I submitted the quilt for judging anyway. I’ve never had a quilt judged before! I’m very curious to see what kind of feedback I get. I don’t think I’m the most technically skilled quilter (and same goes for my piecing) but I think I’m creative when it comes to my designs. I’m preparing myself for some negative feedback. I’m so happy with this quilt, and Z loves it, so the judging is really an academic exercise.
Here it is, all rolled up in its pillowcase.