Hello habibis! I’ve made some more progress on the doll quilt I showed you last week, and I wanted to share.
First, I’ve finally finished attaching all the hexagons!
I think I drew too many branches for my tree, because I decided even with all the hexagons it looked a little sparse (and Z agreed). So I decided to embroider my hexagon shapes to fill it out. I’m using a forest green thread. Maybe I’ll switch to a lighter green for more variety. You can probably see here my pencil markings where I’ve traced everything out.
I’ve also embroidered the ground – rolling hills – at the bottom.
I’m going to put on some borders soon and hopefully get this sandwiched and start the quilting (after I finish with the hexagon “leaves,” of course). My quilting plan is to do something wood grain-y in the tree trunk and branches and to do an outline of the foliage. Beyond that I haven’t decided, although I think I’d like to sew buttons on for “fruit.” That’s aways down the road, though.