I’ve started pinning and sewing the curved parts of my blocks. It takes so much longer to pin and sew the curved pieces than a straight edge would take. If I did my math properly, I need to make 192 blocks. So far I’ve got forty-something blocks pinned and sewn, so it’s slow progress.
As I noted in my last post, I hadn’t used both templates for the Drunkard’s Path pattern, only the one template. I noticed that the templates don’t fit each other exactly and I wondered how it would work out when I hadn’t used both templates. When I pin my pieces together, I end up with a little bit extra on both sides:
So I guess my blocks will end up smaller than I’d expected, but that’s not the end of the world.
As you may observe, I pinned these a LOT. I realized after several tries that 9 is approximately the right number of pins.
Here’s my completed pile so far:
Here’s what I have left (not counting the blocks with the white centers and the assorted colors on the outside – I’m working my way through the blocks with the colored centers first):
At this rate, it’s going to take me a long time to get through all 192 blocks.